Thursday, May 31, 2007

Scratching the surface

To say that girls drive me mad is giving them too much credit. If they cause madness deliberately, then they might glory in the deed. Yet I've found it more often the case that girls are either unaware of their power over men, or they underestimate how far it extends.

I've written, rewritten, and ultimately abandoned various continuations of this idea. They made me variously self-conscious, uncomfortable, and anxious of their affect on my persona.

I think that Joe Diffie sums it up nicely.

"Then she walks right by and that all goes out the window
and your IQ starts to dwindle at the mention of her name"

5 comments:

Lindsey Charlton said...

Sometimes girls have a good idea of the power and how far it extends but they don't want to use it.

Tutus and Fairytales said...

Some girls take full advantage.

Anna Clare said...

Sometimes girls wish they took full advantage of it!

Unknown said...

Some girls have a southern accent. And those are hot.

Jonathan said...

All very insightful comments. I'm proud of each one of you.

Lindsey, very often the power is beyond the girl's ability to control, and even if she knows of it and takes countermeasures, there is little that can be done to avoid causing men to be smitten severely, or worse.

Jacqueline, such girls are to be feared above all others.

Anna, I have nothing to say to you.

David, your comment is the least relevant, most esoteric, and far and away the most hilarious.