Intention is a funny thing. It burns so brightly one moment, and the next you're in your backyard playing horseshoes with friends. My intentions were quite good, and I was pleased at the prospect of pursing them. Sadly, it's easy to get caught up in the momentum of what is passing at the time. Anything else can be like trying to change the course of a river.
I don't know whether I need to steel myself and expend more energy on following through with my plans, or whether consistently following through forms a habit of acting on one's intentions, thus causing the avoidance of distractions to become the more natural course. I hope to learn the answer, whatever it may be. Walking the road to hell is not one of my ambitions, so I don't want to waste my time paving it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Kings of Smoothness, eh?
We put that hat to good use.
Post a Comment